Sunday, April 15, 2012

My friend Gail Beavers Wall Winston/Salem N.C


 Life is truly a journey; one often unexpected, with twists and
turns you never imagine. Art or the creative process has always
played a big role in my life. I love making things from raw
materials,whether it was clay,cookies,fabric,driftwood,rocks,
crayons... Metal found me in 2000 when taking an iron studio class
at Penland School of Crafts.From that point I knew I had to pursue the passion.And after many years of study,practice,and discovery
,I can say that it is the second best work I have ever done.
Rearing my two children still must be first.

                                     The feminine form of nature and the mystical life of the dream world
                                     play a big part in my work es a metal artist.The coal fire, the malleability of
                                     steel,the hammer on anvil ring,all come together to provide me the right
                                     challenge to bring my ideas to life.
                                                         







Trained as a therapist,my work often has to do with the
human body .I have an intuitive sens of anatomy,
its balance and imbalance from working with
persons with disabilities.









 I forge,bend weld,and connect the steel or other
metal to create my characters or images.The anvil
and hammer become extensions of my hand and eye.
Some of my objects have function but many have
to do with my inner world or the natural world.


             Gail Beavers Wall

       ( in her one words)







2 comments: